Oulu Best (Worst) Buy

The "Handbook For Survival in Finland" authored by Annikki and Jacob Matthan in 1994 after 10 years of research of life in Finland created a "game" to live well in Finland with a nominal salary. The system helped beat yearly inflation every year. This Blog shows how the system is still valid even in 2008!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Further LYING and DECEPTION by DNA Finland Oy

Earlier Blog Entries about DNA Finland Oy on the Oulu Best (Worst) Buy Blog


  1. Sunday, April 06, 2008: Worst Internet Service Provider - DNA

  2. Sunday, May 18, 2008: DNA Finland Oy continues to DEFRAUD customer

  3. Speedtest.Net Results 213.139.166.91 : Sheet1 from 31.03.2008 to 15.07.2008)

  4. Sunday, July 06, 2008: DNA Finland Oy Standards!!!!!

  5. Sunday, July 06, 2008: Ping Pong - DNA Finland Oy Style

  6. Monday, July 07, 2008: Would you trust YOUR BUSINESS with this COMPANY?

  7. Tuesday, July 08, 2008: Was that a FREAK One-Day Occasion?



Enter "DNA Finland Oy" in the Google Search Engine and you will see these results in the red boxes relating to my Blog entries come on the FIRST Search Page. Both my major Blogs (Jacob's Blog and Oulu Best (Worst) Buy,are being spidered daily by all Major Search Engines and my Blog Entries are already in 3rd and 5th position. Soon they will be at the TOP! And, MY CAMPAIGN TO EXPOSE A DISHONEST COMPANY HAS NOT EVEN STARTED.):



And now on with the SAGA.

Those of you who have been following my nightmare encounter with DNA Finland Oy, be prepared for another series of important revelations given below.

In short: DNA Finland Oy CONTINUES to deceive and lie to their customer.

Those of you who read one of my previous inputs DNA Finland Oy Standards!!!!! would have thought that my nightmare had ended. I was getting Download Speeds of around 6000 kbps (6 Mbps). When I moved to a random IP DHCP connection, I was getting speeds in EXCESS of 8000 kbps, my contracted value. Indeed, I was a bit surprised, but quite happy that the issue had been resolved TILL YESTERDAY EVENING!

My internet connection packed up completely after 6 pm. As my computer would try to reconnect, as I have the PPPoE feature “Connect when required” turned on, a connection would be established, the process taking over a minute or two. Then, by the time I counted to 10, the connection would be dropped.

I tried the DHCP connection and, by golly, it connected. But by 8 pm, even that connection started showing the same problem. Now I was dead to the world! My work had come to a CRASHING HALT.

As the DNA Finland Oy Customer Service phone support closes at 8 pm, I was left without my internet connection for the night. I optimistically hoped that when I resumed my work at 4 am, this problem would have been sorted out.

As I have tons of work to catch up on, I was up at already 3:30 am. When I got to my computer at 4 am, I found there was no change in the situation - 10 seconds online followed by collapse!

I waited till 8 am and rang the number given to me as the Customer Service phone number, only to discover that DNA Finland Oy had changed its Customer Service Number. I was directed to ring another number. (I had received no notification of this change showing the attitude of the company - "Customer be damned!")

When I dialed the new number and explained the problem, I was asked to dial yet another number, the Technical Service Support Number.

I finally got through to a human being and informed the person on the phone about the problem. He kept asking me whether I was on some "Campaign". I could not understand his question. I told him that only "Campaign" I knew about was that DNA Finland Oy was playing games with me. When he said he would investigate and try to solve the problem, I challenged him that I would probably not hear from him again!!

However, by 11:30 am I had a call from a person by the name of Ville Hyttinen. He explained the issues to me.

I had been included in a “Campaign”. I had been given an ADSL connection which worked at 24 Mbps and worked of some protocol called ADSL 2.

Yesterday evening I had been taken OFF that "Campaign". My speed had been put back to 8 Mbps. I was back on some other ADSL protocol mode. My modem was, therefore, unable to use that connection mode. That was why as soon as the connection was obtained, it was dropped.

Things now fell into place in my mind. I double checked the facts with Ville Hyttinen. I thanked him by saying he was only the 2nd person in DNA Finland Oy who was truthful! (I was soon to discover otherwise!)

As I was away from home, I rushed back to get to work as things were piling up. As soon as I got home, I found the internet was indeed connected. So I did a Speedtest and found the speed to be 250 kbps instead of 8000 kbps!

My gmail accounts were reporting that “Your Internet connection is experiencing problems or your network administrator has blocked Gmail chat.” See the yellow text in picture below.



I realised I was at the start of another nightmarish stint.

I rang the lady who had visited me, Ms. Ulla Kentta, who must be some senior person in DNA Finland Oy. Luckily, as she had given me her direct number, I was not put on the never-ending hold!

The first thing I told her was that I was not angry with her per se, but that I was certainly very very angry.

I explained the situation and how DNA Finland Oy had deliberately lied to me and deceived me in saying that my problem had been fixed. All DNA Finland Oy had done was put me on some short term "Campaign" which was to increase my connection speed to 24 Mbps. As this also only worked at 25% efficiency, I had been getting a speed of 6 Mbps.

Yesterday, they had taken me off this “Campaign” (which had been to keep me quiet while the team went on the "earned" holiday to play Ping Pong) putting me back to my contracted value of 8 Mbps.

Hence I was back to the old story.

In addition, they had lied to me about my SMC Router being broken. My router is not meant for the second ADSL system which they were using.

To hide their incompetence, they were forcing me to buy another router to accommodate their "temporary" fix.

I asked Ms. Kentta whether she was proud to belong to an organisation which practiced fraud, deceived and lied to its customer? She refused to answer!

I asked Ms. Kentta to tell me whether I was the only customer who was having to go through this nightmare. She refused to answer!

She was unable to deny any of my accusations. She asked me whether I had received a reply about my reclamation - which obviously I had not, as they have not sent it to me!

When I told her it was Mr. Ville Hyyttinen who had told me the facts behind the present situation, she was unable to recognise the name.

Then she admitted that this gentleman was NOT a DNA Finland Oy employee.

That was obviously why Ville had told me the TRUTH!

Now let us come to the reclamation agreement the Customer Service offered me via their email:

from asiakaspalvelu
to jmatthan@gmail.com
cc Tuomas Helander , Jari Tuovinen
date 2 July 2008 15:58
subject Broadband at Kampitie 6 B

Dear Mr Matthan

With reference to your letter dated 27 June 2008.

We are sorry for the difficulties that you have endured with the broadband connection at Kampitie 6 B.

We have carried out some technical changes and adjustments and the connection seems to be working perfectly when tested earlier today.

We will credit you for the downtime of the connection and the slowdowns our standard compensation in max 120 EUR + 100 EUR for the travelling expenses related to filing a complaint.

You will be credited 220 EUR as a total compensation. In practice this means that we will not charge You your Kampitie 6 B -broadband monthly fee for the following 5 months.

From our point of view we see these actions as a full compensation for this particular case.

Yours sincerely

DNA Palvelut Oy
Asiakaspalvelu


Please read the BOLD TEXT - where it clearly says that there will be no “broadband monthly fee for the following 5 months”.

Now look at the scan of the bill I received just last Friday. the text in the Red Square relates to the particular connection where DNA Finland Oy are not supposed to charge me for the next 5 months.



DNA Finland Oy promise something in what they call is an agreement and the very next day they forget what they have offered, hoping the customer will overlook the detail and pay the bill, regardless!

And now finally about the DNA Website. The picture below shows the situation as of yesterday - 15th July 2008.



This company has been unable to fix its OWN Server to allow people to reach their web site. Even as I write this, the Firefox browser has been trying to connect the the server for the past 35 minutes. Unlike the Safari there is no time out feature in Firefox!

Is this the way an “honest company” does business.

In my 24 years in Finland I have never met such a dishonest company as DNA Finland Oy. Not only is it dishonest, but as mentioned earlier, it is inefficient and incompetent.

Are these the DNA STANDARDS that this company, DNA Finland Oy, is so proud about? Is it by these standards that I must accept the reclamation? Are their staff coming to work and being paid only commuting money? (I think even that would be TOO MUCH payment for most of the DNA Staff considering this case.)

I ask YET again - Is this the company, DNA Finland Oy, with whom you want to do Business?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home