Oulu Best (Worst) Buy

The "Handbook For Survival in Finland" authored by Annikki and Jacob Matthan in 1994 after 10 years of research of life in Finland created a "game" to live well in Finland with a nominal salary. The system helped beat yearly inflation every year. This Blog shows how the system is still valid even in 2008!

Friday, March 31, 2006

Copy Paper, Hard Disk, Oranges, Coconut Milk,

Do you, like me, use a lot of A4 paper for printing at home.

I suggest you buy your copy, laser and inkjet printing paper ar the Flea Market (Kirpputori), Paljetie 12 (the building next to one marked Paljatie 10) as it is just Euro 2.95 for a packet. You can buy single packets (500 sheets) at this price. They have 3 different brands to choose from.



(I will be doing a special about the best Flea Markets in Oulu in a few days - so stay tuned.)

Looking for a 160 MB external hard disk? The Serv-It Computer Store at 53 Kansankatu, has a few LaCie P3 Hard Drives, USB 2.0 Design by F. A. Porsche for just Euro 99. The speed is rated at 480 Mbit/second.


Location of Serv-It, Kansankatu 53, Oulu


I bought 6 kg of Oranges yesterday at the K-Supermarket at Joutensilta (Swan Bridge), Paljetie 4, as it was just Euro 0.79 per kg (if you have a PLUSSSA card).

Jaffa Oranges
Oranges


I also bought Rainbow Coconut Milk at Euro 0.79 for a 400 ml tin at PRISMA. It is also available at this price as a special offer in Euromarkets today and tomorrow.

The three main retail chains in Finland have their own cards which offer regular consuusers some discounts on marked products.



I have the PLUSSA card which can be used in all the K-Group Shops, in some hotels, Neste Petrol pumps, and a few other places. The PLUSSA card is represented by a number of yellow balls. For instance, the real bargain of a 7.2 megapixel camera for jut Euro 199 that Vamsi bought was on a special offer on my PLUSSA Card - and I just saw that it is again on offer at the same price against the PLUSSA card. Similarly, the camera that Paneer bought was also on offer on the PLUSSA card.

The Arina Group has its Savings Card which is green in colour and is usable in PRISMA and all the S-Group shops.

The Euromarket Group has its Bonus card which is a golden yellow in colour.

I have the first two. When I got them they were free to any customer. I understand that now-a-days you may have to pay something to get the card. I have not found many offers in Euromarket to justify getting myself the Euromarket card, but I have certainly saved a lot of money using the PLUSSA and the S-Savings card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home