Oulu Best (Worst) Buy

The "Handbook For Survival in Finland" authored by Annikki and Jacob Matthan in 1994 after 10 years of research of life in Finland created a "game" to live well in Finland with a nominal salary. The system helped beat yearly inflation every year. This Blog shows how the system is still valid even in 2008!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Another great shopping day










BananasEuro 0.99/kg Euro 0.99/kg
Arctic LettuceEuro 1.29/kg Euro 1.29/kg
Harvest Basket French FriesEuro 1.49/2 kgEuro 0.75/kg
Chicken Breast FiletEuro 2.99/500 gmEuro 5.98/kg
Perfect Filter CoffeeEuro 0.95/500 gm Euro 1.90/kg
Whole AlmondsEuro 1.99/0.2 kg Euro 9.95/kg
Alaska Polock Filet Fish in crispy breadcrumbsEuro 2.99/0.8 kg Euro 3.73/kg
Ceylon Assam Tea BagsEuro 1.49/100 bags
Indonesian Soya SauceEuro 0.99
Japanese Soyas SauceEuro 0.99


Bananas - Euro 0.99 per kg


Arctic lettuce Euro 1.29 per kg

Today was a great shopping day as I picked up some real bargains. Most of the stuff on my shopping list were obtained from Lidl at the prices shown above. All winners!

As I did not find all the stuff I wanted at LIDL, I went to the Säästökouppa at Jukolankuja. (See an earlier entry for the map to reach this place.)There I had several great finds:

Eggs Euro 0.75 for as packet of 10
Tabasco Green Mild Sauce - Euro 0.20 per bottle - I bought all the remaining bottles.
Knorr Teriyake Ready Food - Euro 0.20 per packet - I bought all the available packets.
Chinese Soya Sauce - Euro 0.30 per bottle - I bought all the available bottles.
Druvan Carribean Sweet Chilli Sauce - Euro 0.20 per bottle - I bought all the available ones.

I got a few more offers which were one off ones. (I made the above ones also "one off" by buying what was on offer. :-)

On the whole, a great shopping morning for us. Remember to let us know YOUR BEST BUYS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home