Oulu Best (Worst) Buy

The "Handbook For Survival in Finland" authored by Annikki and Jacob Matthan in 1994 after 10 years of research of life in Finland created a "game" to live well in Finland with a nominal salary. The system helped beat yearly inflation every year. This Blog shows how the system is still valid even in 2008!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Sorry folks, but I have been busy

I am sorry that I have left many Best Buys pass through my fingers.

There was the closure of the SPAR Shop in Mäntylä and also the K-Shop in Tuira which had 50% OFF yesterday. I visited the K-Shop this morning and they still had stuff on their shelves. The people were gathering at the door at 7:00 am. But I did not think that there was much on offer to make it a recomendation.

My best buys today are Cucumber in the K-Supermarkets at Joutsensilta, Välivaino and at Oulunsalo. It is just Euro 0.99 per kg today if you have a K Plussa card. Without this card the price is Euro 1.29 per kg. Even in the Wholesale Shop, which I visited today, the cucumbers were priced at Euro 1.85! Certainly a STARRED BEST BUY.

Euroshopper Rape Seed Oil at Cassa in Rajakylä is still at a very good price of Euro 0.89 per litre. Only Lidl comes close but their price is over Euro 1 per litre. I went out with my friend, Unnop, yesterday and he bought himself a carton of 15 bottles as he uses it in his restaurant for making his French fries. Much cheaper than all the Wholesale Shops in Oulu. Another STARRED BEST BUY:

Lidl is offering bananas this week at just Euro 0.99 per kg. A great buy for a Banana eater like me!

Happy Best Buying.

I will have some great features on this site over the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home