Oulu Best (Worst) Buy

The "Handbook For Survival in Finland" authored by Annikki and Jacob Matthan in 1994 after 10 years of research of life in Finland created a "game" to live well in Finland with a nominal salary. The system helped beat yearly inflation every year. This Blog shows how the system is still valid even in 2008!

Monday, March 08, 2010

Cheapest breakfast in Oulu

This morning, I went to my local Health Centre in Höyhtyä to have a blood test, for cholestrol, done. As I had to have the test done before I had my breakfast, my stomach was groaning!

Just before I went in, I saw a notice on the wall. The Health Centre Dining Hall was offering breakfast at € 1.50. This included porridge, bread, some filler slices, a drink of fruit juice or milk and either coffee or tea.

I have never seen anything as cheap as this anywhere in Finland. It is not restricted to anybody, so if you are hungry in the morning, go to the Health Centre and have a really good breakfast.

Maybe others can let us know whether this is a service only at my Health Centre, or the same service is available in the Health Centres around Oulu. They open at 07:30 am as the Laboratory is open for people like to me to hve our blood tests done.

One more thing.

Today we can buy Egyptian Oranges at € 0.49 per kg at the Tokmanni shops in Kaijonharju and in Jukkolankuja, the two extremities of the town. Kaijonharju Tokmanni is near the University, while the Jukkolankuja Tokmanni is on the way to the airport. Tokmanni is open from 7 am to 9 pm, Monday to Friday and 7 am to 6 pm on Saturdays.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home