Oulu Best (Worst) Buy

The "Handbook For Survival in Finland" authored by Annikki and Jacob Matthan in 1994 after 10 years of research of life in Finland created a "game" to live well in Finland with a nominal salary. The system helped beat yearly inflation every year. This Blog shows how the system is still valid even in 2008!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Ink cartridges for printers

Many years ago, when I was working at the University of Oulu, I had encouraged a young man to start a laser cartridge refilling service. It became quite successful. He secured a large share of the the Univerirty Business. When I left the University in 1992 I lost touch with him.

When I started my own company in Oulu, I had a Canon inkjet printer. I started filling the ink myself based on a refill kit that I obtained from England. It was quite efficient, although it was a bit messy. But the results were excellent.

About a year ago, a refilling service, Musteasema, opened in the centre of Oulu at Kansankatu 60, 90120 Oulu ((Tel: 044 4400164). I have been using it for the past year and saving a lot of money.

I got a real bargain Lexmark printer the other day (see previous blog post). As I had a lot of printing to complete I already finished my first cartridge in a day.

I rushed across to this refilling service with this new cartridge and it was refilled for me in 5 minutes flat.

I tested it immediately, and it functioned just fine.

Considering a new cartridge costs around € 23, the € 10 I paid was really a bargain.

The service refills cartridges from almost any major printer, both inkjet as well as laser.

Well worth your effort to use this service if you are cost conscious about your printing. The owner informed me that from 15th September the shop will also be open for half a day on Saturdays.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whether your printer costs $49 or $499, the purchase price is only the first item on your new list of ongoing printing expenses. Over time, buying the ink or toner and acquiring media (paper, envelopes, and transparencies) will very likely make a far bigger impact on your wallet.

09:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home